Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Double Pom Newborn Beanie - Pattern!

Hi, everyone! My September was taken up with custom orders and getting myself used to my new job, so I didn't have much blogging time.

Last Friday, I noticed that I still had 50g of a beautiful Italian yarn that I bought at Lanas Pinguino last year. Lanas Pingouin is located in Chamberí, at calle María de Guzmán, 55. I used to live around the corner from that yarn shop, and I didn't purchase much there, but I love the quality of the yarns that I did purchase. In fact, I'm thinking of heading back soon, because the owner had great prices on thicker yarns. I wanted to use up the blue-grey yarn, so I made this cute little beanie, and I thought I'd share the pattern with you.





Even though I've written lots of them, this is my first attempt at sharing a pattern. If anything is unclear, please let me know.

Materials:
  • 50g bulky yarn
  • 6.00mm crochet hook
  • scissors
I did not measure my gauge, but the finished measurements can be found on my Etsy listing.

R1: Make a magic ring. Ch 2 and 8 hdc in ring. Close ring and join with a sl st to top of 1st hdc. (8)

R2: Ch 2. 2 hdc in each st around. Join with sl st to top of 1st hdc. (16)

R3: Ch 2. 2 hdc in joining st. 1 hdc in next st. (2 hdc in next st, 1 hdc in next st) around. Join with sl st to top of 1st hdc. (24)

R4: Ch 2. 2 hdc in joining st. 1 hdc in next 2 sts. (2 hdc in next st, 1 hdc in next 2 sts) around. Join with sl st to top of 1st hdc. (32)

R5-8: Ch 2. 1 hdc in joining st and each st around. Join with sl st to top of 1st hdc. (32)

R9: Ch 1. Sl st loosely around hat. Join with sl st to ch 1 and fasten off. Weave in ends.

Make 2 large pom poms (I wrapped the thick yarn around 4 fingers 25 times for each pom pom) and attach to hat. Trim pom poms to appropriate size.

I hope you enjoy this pattern! :)

4 comments:

  1. I tried this pattern with zero luck. It turned out to be just a circle. Is it missing something? Or am I missing something? Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ilissa! Thanks for the message! I have reworked the pattern and realized that I left out three of the rows when I copy / pasted the pattern! Sorry about that. It is updated and you should have better luck now. Best wishes and thank you for the comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just made this hat and it worked perfectly! My only concern is it being too short from crown to brim? I might do SC along the edge just to make sure. Thanks for the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to add two more HDC rows and the slip stitch rowbto make it big enough for a newborn hat which should measure 4.5-5" from the crown ear edge

    ReplyDelete